Most Active Stories
- Frank Lloyd Wright House Being Reassembled In NW Arkansas After Move
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Three Accused Of Defrauding Arkansas Food Program For The Poor
- Attorney General-elect Rutledge Pleased Outgoing A.G. Appealing Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Daniel Black, Arkansas Author
Notes On Music
Tue May 28, 2013
The Buddha Machine
The Buddha Machine is a music player, designed in China by Christiaan Virant and Zhang Jian, that uses random algorithms to organize a series of soothing tones, thereby creating never-ending, non-repeating melodies.
The “composer” and the “performer” are therefore simply the machine itself, with the music described as “poetic noise.”
Personally, I prefer the older concepts of making music.