Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Notes On Music
Tue May 28, 2013
The Buddha Machine
The Buddha Machine is a music player, designed in China by Christiaan Virant and Zhang Jian, that uses random algorithms to organize a series of soothing tones, thereby creating never-ending, non-repeating melodies.
The “composer” and the “performer” are therefore simply the machine itself, with the music described as “poetic noise.”
Personally, I prefer the older concepts of making music.