Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Notes On Music
Tue May 28, 2013
The Buddha Machine
The Buddha Machine is a music player, designed in China by Christiaan Virant and Zhang Jian, that uses random algorithms to organize a series of soothing tones, thereby creating never-ending, non-repeating melodies.
The “composer” and the “performer” are therefore simply the machine itself, with the music described as “poetic noise.”
Personally, I prefer the older concepts of making music.