Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed May 1, 2013
C-SPAN Bus Plans Little Rock Stop Friday and Saturday
The C-SPAN bus is rolling into Little Rock this Friday and Saturday. It is promoting educational resources and the new original series First Ladies: Influence and Image.
C-SPAN Marketing Representative Jessica Lindquist says the series will move beyond traditional depictions and highlight the political influence of First Ladies.
"With the series what we're trying to do is show the other side of what the First Lady endured as the influencer of the President. Not just showing how she hosted parties and the beautiful dresses that they all wore but actually showing how she was an influence to the President and policies that he enacted," says Lindquist.
The bus is presenting lesson plans and educational material on Friday at the Arkansas State PTA Convention and Dunbar Magnet Middle School.
The public is invited to attend a First Ladies presentation at the Clinton Presidential Library from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.