Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed May 1, 2013
C-SPAN Bus Plans Little Rock Stop Friday and Saturday
The C-SPAN bus is rolling into Little Rock this Friday and Saturday. It is promoting educational resources and the new original series First Ladies: Influence and Image.
C-SPAN Marketing Representative Jessica Lindquist says the series will move beyond traditional depictions and highlight the political influence of First Ladies.
"With the series what we're trying to do is show the other side of what the First Lady endured as the influencer of the President. Not just showing how she hosted parties and the beautiful dresses that they all wore but actually showing how she was an influence to the President and policies that he enacted," says Lindquist.
The bus is presenting lesson plans and educational material on Friday at the Arkansas State PTA Convention and Dunbar Magnet Middle School.
The public is invited to attend a First Ladies presentation at the Clinton Presidential Library from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.