The state Department of Human Services says residents in a central Arkansas county affected by last week's severe weather can pre-register for disaster food assistance.
Officials say starting Tuesday, Faulkner County residents can pre-register from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at a Conway mobile unit - located at 1000 East Siebenmorgen - for the Disaster-Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
The program provides replacement benefits to SNAP recipients who lost food in the disaster. It also allots one month of benefits to households that don't normally qualify for SNAP but need immediate food assistance because of a disaster.
The department says the benefits will be available starting next week.