Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
Chance Of Severe Storms In Northeast Arkansas
The National Weather Service says there is a slight chance of severe weather ahead in northeast Arkansas.
Forecasters said Tuesday that a weather system northeast of Arkansas could clip the state's northeast on Wednesday, perhaps bringing severe thunderstorms.
The weather service says damaging winds would be the primary concern brought by the storms.
Later in the week, a cool front is expected to move into the state, bringing a greater chance for showers and thunderstorms.
Forecasters say a few strong storms could develop. But, as of now, the latter system does not appear to pose much of a chance of organized severe weather.