Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Fri April 26, 2013
Chelsea Clinton Urges Teens To Push Service With Social Media
The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is urging kids to use social media and technology to encourage their peers and parents to participate in community service.
Chelsea Clinton visited with students from several Little Rock High Schools during a lunchtime panel discussion Friday. The topics ranged from health and technology to her likelihood of running for political office. Clinton said not now.
“If at some point in my life I didn’t like my local council member or I didn’t like my mayor or I didn’t like my state assemblyman and I thought I could make a difference, you know, I’d have to ask and answer that question, but right now I’m really grateful for my life and I’m grateful that I live in a place where I deeply believe in and support all of my elected representatives,” Clinton said.
Clinton also spoke about the life and achievements of her grandmother who grew up during the Great Depression and passed away a year and a half ago.
Clinton later helped students pack boxes of food at the Arkansas Rice Depot.