Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu July 3, 2014
Child Dies, Three Injured, When Car Was Struck By A Train
A child died and three other people were injured when a car was struck by a train in Sweet Home.
Pulaski County Sheriff's Lt. Carl Minden says a Union Pacific train hit the car shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday as the car was driving onto Arkansas 365.
Officials say the collision sent the car more than a quarter-mile down the track and into a remote, wooded area that couldn't be easily accessed by vehicle.
The child, whose age was unclear, died at the scene.
A young girl was taken from the scene by helicopter with a leg injury. Two other victims - a teenager and an adult - were taken away on stretchers by emergency responders.
No names were released and the conditions of the injured were not immediately known.