Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Thu July 3, 2014
Child Dies, Three Injured, When Car Was Struck By A Train
A child died and three other people were injured when a car was struck by a train in Sweet Home.
Pulaski County Sheriff's Lt. Carl Minden says a Union Pacific train hit the car shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday as the car was driving onto Arkansas 365.
Officials say the collision sent the car more than a quarter-mile down the track and into a remote, wooded area that couldn't be easily accessed by vehicle.
The child, whose age was unclear, died at the scene.
A young girl was taken from the scene by helicopter with a leg injury. Two other victims - a teenager and an adult - were taken away on stretchers by emergency responders.
No names were released and the conditions of the injured were not immediately known.