Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri July 5, 2013
Child Drowns In Western Arkansas Swimming Pool
Authorities say a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl drowned in a swimming pool in western Arkansas. The Southwest Times Record reports the girl drowned in a pool in Van Buren on Wednesday. Crawford County Sheriff Ron Brown says the girl was taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead after her 17-year-old brother and his 16-year-old girlfriend found her lifeless in a pool and called 911. Brown says the teens were watching the 5-year-old at the girlfriend's grandmother's house in the Oak Grove community of Van Buren when they noticed her missing. Brown says authorities are investigating the death as an accident.