Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Child Sought In Northern Arkansas Wooded Area
Authorities in northern Arkansas are searching for a child that was reported to have been seen walking into a wooded area in the region.
Baxter County Sheriff John Montgomery said in a news release Thursday that his office's helicopter was assisting Izard County authorities in the search for the child that witnesses reported seeing entering the woods northeast of Violet Hill on Thursday afternoon.
Neither Montgomery nor Izard County Sheriff Tate Lawrence immediately returned phone calls seeking comment.
Violet Hill is about 35 miles south of the Missouri state line in a rugged mountainous region of north-central Arkansas.