Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Child Sought In Northern Arkansas Wooded Area
Authorities in northern Arkansas are searching for a child that was reported to have been seen walking into a wooded area in the region.
Baxter County Sheriff John Montgomery said in a news release Thursday that his office's helicopter was assisting Izard County authorities in the search for the child that witnesses reported seeing entering the woods northeast of Violet Hill on Thursday afternoon.
Neither Montgomery nor Izard County Sheriff Tate Lawrence immediately returned phone calls seeking comment.
Violet Hill is about 35 miles south of the Missouri state line in a rugged mountainous region of north-central Arkansas.