Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Thu June 6, 2013
Christie Names N.J. Attorney General To Be Interim Senator
Gov. Chris Christie announced Thursday afternoon that he was appointing his fellow Republican to serve in the Senate until just after the state's Oct. 16 special election.
Christie told reporters that Chiesa will move into his new job on Monday. Chiesa will not be running in the upcoming election, Christie said.
Chiesa became his state's attorney general in January 2012. Prior to that, he was Christie's chief counsel.