Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
The Chromatic Harp
In 1904, the Parisian firm of instrument makers, Pleyel, commissioned Debussy to write a piece for their new chromatic harp. Debussy responded with Sacred and Profane Dances, which instantly became an important part of the repertory.
However, the complicated chromatic harp eventually failed in favor of the more common diatonic harp, which is the one in use today.