Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
The Chromatic Harp
In 1904, the Parisian firm of instrument makers, Pleyel, commissioned Debussy to write a piece for their new chromatic harp. Debussy responded with Sacred and Profane Dances, which instantly became an important part of the repertory.
However, the complicated chromatic harp eventually failed in favor of the more common diatonic harp, which is the one in use today.