Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
The Chromatic Harp
In 1904, the Parisian firm of instrument makers, Pleyel, commissioned Debussy to write a piece for their new chromatic harp. Debussy responded with Sacred and Profane Dances, which instantly became an important part of the repertory.
However, the complicated chromatic harp eventually failed in favor of the more common diatonic harp, which is the one in use today.