Most Active Stories
- Frank Lloyd Wright House Being Reassembled In NW Arkansas After Move
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Three Accused Of Defrauding Arkansas Food Program For The Poor
- Attorney General-elect Rutledge Pleased Outgoing A.G. Appealing Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Daniel Black, Arkansas Author
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
The Chromatic Harp
In 1904, the Parisian firm of instrument makers, Pleyel, commissioned Debussy to write a piece for their new chromatic harp. Debussy responded with Sacred and Profane Dances, which instantly became an important part of the repertory.
However, the complicated chromatic harp eventually failed in favor of the more common diatonic harp, which is the one in use today.