Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri May 3, 2013
Cinco De Mayo Fiesta To Celebrate Latino Culture
The Clinton Presidential Center Park will be the site of the 15th annual Cinco De May Fiesta Saturday, celebrating Latino culture with activities planned to attract residents from around the state.
Michel Leiderman, an organizer for the event, says in addition to appearances by local and state officials, attendees can look forward to many different activites.
“We are going to have music, dances, folkloric dances. We’re going to have the soccer federation, the tennis federation and First Tee are going to provide clinics for the youth for those three sports. We’re going to have all sorts of entertainment for the children. And of course typical food from Mexico and International food as well,” says Leiderman
Leiderman says the event should attract thousands of residents from around the state. The local chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) is sponsoring the event.
“And all proceed generated by the Cinco de Mayo, plus donations and so on is to award scholarships to Latino students. In the past 10 years we have given around 400,000 dollars in scholarships to over 220 students. And this year we have awarded 34 scholarships.”
The event begins at noon and lasts until 8 pm Saturday.