Most Active Stories
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- Report Shows Dire Need For More Pre-K Funding In Arkansas
Notes on Music
Wed March 5, 2014
Classical Music and Fitness
Do you go jogging on weekends, or whenever the opportunity presents itself? And do you run wearing headphones?
A 1997 study found that listening to music does, indeed, improve competitive athletic performance.
The study doesn’t say, but I’ll bet Carl Orff, Gustav Holst, and John Williams are among the top classical composers driving our feet forward.