Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes on Music
Wed March 5, 2014
Classical Music and Fitness
Do you go jogging on weekends, or whenever the opportunity presents itself? And do you run wearing headphones?
A 1997 study found that listening to music does, indeed, improve competitive athletic performance.
The study doesn’t say, but I’ll bet Carl Orff, Gustav Holst, and John Williams are among the top classical composers driving our feet forward.