Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Wed September 4, 2013
Clinton To Defend Health Care Law With Arkansas Speech
Former President Bill Clinton is returning to his home state to defend the federal health care overhaul as a key part of the 2010 overhaul nears implementation.
Clinton is scheduled Wednesday to speak about the law at his presidential library in downtown Little Rock.
His speech comes less than one month before the public can start signing up for the health care exchanges, which will be crucial to the law's success or failure.
Arkansas has been a key battleground over the health care law. Republicans have made gains in the state by criticizing President Barack Obama and the law, and they're trying to unseat Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor by criticizing his vote for the measure.