Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Clinton To Speak At Greers Ferry Dam 50th
Former President Bill Clinton is to speak at a ceremony to mark the 50th anniversary of the dedication of Greers Ferry Dam.
Then-President John F. Kennedy spoke at a ceremony marking completion of the dam in October 1963.
It was one of Kennedy's last public appearances before his assassination in Dallas the following month.
The Heber Springs Chamber of Commerce says Clinton is to be the featured speaker at the anniversary ceremony on Oct. 3.
The dam is on the Little Red River and provides flood control and hydroelectric power. The dam created Greers Ferry Lake, which is a popular recreation site.