Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes on Music
Wed April 9, 2014
Cole Porter: Overcoming Adversity and Making Music
While horseback riding in 1937, Cole Porter’s horse fell, throwing him to the ground, and then rolled over his legs, badly crushing them.
The doctors wanted to amputate both but Porter refused to allow the operation. Although he was left in constant pain for the rest of his life, he continued to give us such wonderful musicals as Kiss Me, Kate and High Society.