Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri April 26, 2013
Community And Environmental Groups To Mark One-Month Anniversary Of ExxonMobil Spill
An event Monday will mark the one-month anniversary of the rupture of an oil pipeline in Mayflower. More than 200 thousand gallons of raw crude was spilled in the residential neighborhood.
Glen Hooks is with the Sierra Club, one of several organizations taking part on Monday.
"We want to make sure that this does not happen to communities in other places in America. We are going to be speaking out against the proposed Keystone XL Pipeline, which is ten times bigger than the Pegasus Pipeline that ruptured in Mayflower. It could really wreak some devastation on communities", said Hooks.
The event will be held at Pearce Park, next to Mayflower City hall at 6 pm.