Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
Sir Charles Wheatstone, born in 1802 in England, was a scientist and inventor in the Victorian era.
Included in his inventions are the stereoscope, which displayed three-dimensional images, an encryption cipher, and the five-needle telegraph, among many others.
One of his most famous inventions, however, was the English Concertina, a six-sided instrument similar to the accordion.