Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
Sir Charles Wheatstone, born in 1802 in England, was a scientist and inventor in the Victorian era.
Included in his inventions are the stereoscope, which displayed three-dimensional images, an encryption cipher, and the five-needle telegraph, among many others.
One of his most famous inventions, however, was the English Concertina, a six-sided instrument similar to the accordion.