Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- As School Fees Rise, So Do Questions Over What Constitutes A Free Education
Clinton School Speaker Series
Wed May 1, 2013
Congresswoman Pelosi In Little Rock For Clinton School Current Events Discussion
Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, the current Democratic leader and former Speaker of the House of Representatives in Washington, will participate in a lunchtime Clinton School discussion of current political issues Thursday.
Nicolai DiPippa, director of public programs at the Clinton School, says to expect a wide range of topics of current importance.
"We'll probably touch on what's happening on the hill; some things that are going to be going into effect soon including the health care law, immigration reform; all things that everyone's reading in the newspaper or listening to on the radio today," DiPippa said.
DiPippa says the event is likely to draw a big crowd so it will be at the Robinson Center Exhibition Hall rather than the Clinton School. The discussion begins at noon.
Pelosi has represented her congressional district in San Francisco for 25 years.