Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue August 6, 2013
Construction To Temporarily Close Eastbound I-40 In Lonoke
The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department says bridge construction will require temporary overnight closures of eastbound traffic on Interstate 40 in Lonoke.
Workers will install five steel beams for a new bridge at the site. That will require occasional closures of all eastbound traffic at the Highway 89 overpass in Lonoke.
The five closures will not last longer than 15 minutes each. The occasional overnight closures will begin on Tuesday at 11 p.m. and continue until Wednesday at 5 a.m., weather permitting.
Transportation officials say motorists should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones. Additional travel related information can be found at ArkansasHighways.com.