Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue August 6, 2013
Construction To Temporarily Close Eastbound I-40 In Lonoke
The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department says bridge construction will require temporary overnight closures of eastbound traffic on Interstate 40 in Lonoke.
Workers will install five steel beams for a new bridge at the site. That will require occasional closures of all eastbound traffic at the Highway 89 overpass in Lonoke.
The five closures will not last longer than 15 minutes each. The occasional overnight closures will begin on Tuesday at 11 p.m. and continue until Wednesday at 5 a.m., weather permitting.
Transportation officials say motorists should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones. Additional travel related information can be found at ArkansasHighways.com.