Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Festivals & Events
Tue February 11, 2014
Conway Bank Drops Truck Giveaway At Festival
The popular "Stuck on a Truck" contest at Conway's annual Toad Suck Daze festival is off this year.
Centennial Bank, which sponsored the annual vehicle giveaway, announced Monday that it won't be bringing back the contest during this year's festival in May. The giveaway began in 2001 as "Hug a Bug" and has become a major attraction at the festival in downtown Conway.
Centennial Bank president David Druey tells the Log Cabin Democrat the bank decided not to do the giveaway so the space can be used as a command center for emergency services during the festival.
The contest gives away a free pickup truck to the person who can stand there the longest with a hand always on the vehicle. Last year's victor won after 93 hours.