Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Festivals & Events
Tue February 11, 2014
Conway Bank Drops Truck Giveaway At Festival
The popular "Stuck on a Truck" contest at Conway's annual Toad Suck Daze festival is off this year.
Centennial Bank, which sponsored the annual vehicle giveaway, announced Monday that it won't be bringing back the contest during this year's festival in May. The giveaway began in 2001 as "Hug a Bug" and has become a major attraction at the festival in downtown Conway.
Centennial Bank president David Druey tells the Log Cabin Democrat the bank decided not to do the giveaway so the space can be used as a command center for emergency services during the festival.
The contest gives away a free pickup truck to the person who can stand there the longest with a hand always on the vehicle. Last year's victor won after 93 hours.