Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed October 23, 2013
Cookie Dough Production Facility To Come To Arkansas
A wholesale manufacturer of frozen bakery products says it's opening a production facility in northwest Arkansas.
The Arkansas Economic Development Commission and South Coast Baking Company said in a news release on Wednesday that the Irvine, Calif.-based company plans to open a production facility in Springdale.
The company is investing nearly $8.7 million to transform an existing 104,000 square foot building in Springdale.
Officials say the facility will employ 150 Arkansans and produce frozen cookie dough for food retailers.
The company says operations will likely begin in July after remodeling efforts start next month.
South Coast Baking Company produces cookie dough for Broomfield, Colo.-based Mrs. Fields, and it's a major supplier for Bentonville-based Sam's Club and St. Louis-based Panera Bread.