Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Fri March 8, 2013
Crews Continue To Repair Damage From Thursday's I-40 Accident
Highway officials say the whole support structure where a tractor-trailer hit a bridge in the fiery accident Thursday will have to be replaced.
Spokesman Danny Straessle with the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department said the Young Road overpass near the Crystal Hill exit on Interstate 40 in North Little Rock is expected to be re-opened Friday evening with 200 tons weight restrictions.
"It will prohibit 18 wheelers from crossing that bridge, dump trucks fully loaded. The intent here is to re-open that bridge and make sure it’s safe, which we’re going to make happen," said Straessle.
He said crews had been working all day Friday installing hydraulic jacks to stabilize the bridge.
The accident claimed the life of the truck driver.