Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Fri March 8, 2013
Crews Continue To Repair Damage From Thursday's I-40 Accident
Highway officials say the whole support structure where a tractor-trailer hit a bridge in the fiery accident Thursday will have to be replaced.
Spokesman Danny Straessle with the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department said the Young Road overpass near the Crystal Hill exit on Interstate 40 in North Little Rock is expected to be re-opened Friday evening with 200 tons weight restrictions.
"It will prohibit 18 wheelers from crossing that bridge, dump trucks fully loaded. The intent here is to re-open that bridge and make sure it’s safe, which we’re going to make happen," said Straessle.
He said crews had been working all day Friday installing hydraulic jacks to stabilize the bridge.
The accident claimed the life of the truck driver.