Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Thu February 13, 2014
Crystal Bridges Acquires Renowned Sculpture 'Hanging Heart'
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art has acquired "Hanging Heart (Gold/Magenta) by renowned American sculptor Jeff Koons.
The museum in northwest Arkansas announced the acquisition Thursday and said the sculpture is on display just in time for Valentine's Day.
The 3,000-pound sculpture of a bright gold heart is more than 9 1/2 feet wide and is adorned with a magenta, stainless steel ribbon. The sculpture is suspended from the ceiling of one of the museum's glass-walled bridges.
The piece is one of five unique versions created by Koons, each with a different transparent color coating. It was the only one retained by the artist until Koons sold it directly to Crystal Bridges in 2013.
The purchase price wasn't disclosed. Another version of "Hanging Heart" sold in 2007 for $23.6 million.