Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Thu February 13, 2014
Crystal Bridges Acquires Renowned Sculpture 'Hanging Heart'
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art has acquired "Hanging Heart (Gold/Magenta) by renowned American sculptor Jeff Koons.
The museum in northwest Arkansas announced the acquisition Thursday and said the sculpture is on display just in time for Valentine's Day.
The 3,000-pound sculpture of a bright gold heart is more than 9 1/2 feet wide and is adorned with a magenta, stainless steel ribbon. The sculpture is suspended from the ceiling of one of the museum's glass-walled bridges.
The piece is one of five unique versions created by Koons, each with a different transparent color coating. It was the only one retained by the artist until Koons sold it directly to Crystal Bridges in 2013.
The purchase price wasn't disclosed. Another version of "Hanging Heart" sold in 2007 for $23.6 million.