Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Around the Nation
Tue September 10, 2013
Cubs Fan Continues Wait For World Series Win
Originally published on Tue September 10, 2013 6:08 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
This next news story has been a tradition since roughly 1908. It's the story of a Chicago Cubs fan waiting to win the World Series. The News-Sun says Doris Davis has been a fan since 1926. In the days before TV, she listened on the radio while moving players around a diamond she made from a checkerboard. And she's still waiting for that championship. As the season nears its end, the Cubs are 22 games out of first.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.