Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Interest in various dance crazes is not restricted only to the present generation. The following admonition was printed in 1825 in The Saturday Evening Post:
“I am not sure whether excelling in this does not inspire too great a fondness for dissipating pleasures...in its immoderate extremes, transporting the mind beyond the rational medium of gentle agitation.”
Do you think that still applies?