Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Interest in various dance crazes is not restricted only to the present generation. The following admonition was printed in 1825 in The Saturday Evening Post:
“I am not sure whether excelling in this does not inspire too great a fondness for dissipating pleasures...in its immoderate extremes, transporting the mind beyond the rational medium of gentle agitation.”
Do you think that still applies?