Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Mon May 13, 2013
Danville Bicyclist Dies In Collision
Arkansas State Police say a 64-year-old man was struck and killed while riding his bicycle on a state highway in Yell County.
State police say the collision happened Sunday night on Arkansas 27 in Danville. A preliminary report says Bobby Wayne Gist was riding his bike northbound when he was struck from behind by a man driving a pickup truck.
Police say the driver told authorities he did not see Gist on the bicycle. The driver was not injured in the collision.