Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Mon May 13, 2013
Danville Bicyclist Dies In Collision
Arkansas State Police say a 64-year-old man was struck and killed while riding his bicycle on a state highway in Yell County.
State police say the collision happened Sunday night on Arkansas 27 in Danville. A preliminary report says Bobby Wayne Gist was riding his bike northbound when he was struck from behind by a man driving a pickup truck.
Police say the driver told authorities he did not see Gist on the bicycle. The driver was not injured in the collision.