Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Mon May 13, 2013
Danville Bicyclist Dies In Collision
Arkansas State Police say a 64-year-old man was struck and killed while riding his bicycle on a state highway in Yell County.
State police say the collision happened Sunday night on Arkansas 27 in Danville. A preliminary report says Bobby Wayne Gist was riding his bike northbound when he was struck from behind by a man driving a pickup truck.
Police say the driver told authorities he did not see Gist on the bicycle. The driver was not injured in the collision.