Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Tue January 7, 2014
December Winter Storm Brings Disaster Declaration
The state Department of Emergency Management says 13 Arkansas counties are included in a federal disaster declaration requested following a winter storm in early December.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency said Monday it will make public assistance grants available to communities for emergency work to repair or replace facilities that were damaged in the storm.
Counties included in the order are Crawford, Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Madison, Marion, Newton, Polk, Scott, Searcy, Sebastian, Sharp and Van Buren.
The declaration does not provide for assistance to individuals, though some nonprofits may be eligible.