Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue January 7, 2014
December Winter Storm Brings Disaster Declaration
The state Department of Emergency Management says 13 Arkansas counties are included in a federal disaster declaration requested following a winter storm in early December.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency said Monday it will make public assistance grants available to communities for emergency work to repair or replace facilities that were damaged in the storm.
Counties included in the order are Crawford, Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Madison, Marion, Newton, Polk, Scott, Searcy, Sebastian, Sharp and Van Buren.
The declaration does not provide for assistance to individuals, though some nonprofits may be eligible.