Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
The Political Scene
Tue July 30, 2013
Democrat Dianne Curry Drops Out Of Lt. Gov's Race
The president of the Little Rock School Board says she's dropping out of the Democratic race for lieutenant governor and is instead considering a run for Congress.
Dianne Curry told supporters Monday that she's dropping out in hopes of uniting the Democratic Party behind candidate John Burkhalter. Curry announced her decision the same day Bill Halter dropped out of the governor's race, leaving former U.S. Rep. Mike Ross as the only Democrat in the race.
Republican Lt. Gov. Mark Darr has not said whether he'll seek re-election next year and has said he's also considering a run for Congress.
In a statement, Curry said she's now considering a run for the U.S. House seat now held by Republican U.S. Rep. Tim