Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
The Political Scene
Tue July 30, 2013
Democrat Dianne Curry Drops Out Of Lt. Gov's Race
The president of the Little Rock School Board says she's dropping out of the Democratic race for lieutenant governor and is instead considering a run for Congress.
Dianne Curry told supporters Monday that she's dropping out in hopes of uniting the Democratic Party behind candidate John Burkhalter. Curry announced her decision the same day Bill Halter dropped out of the governor's race, leaving former U.S. Rep. Mike Ross as the only Democrat in the race.
Republican Lt. Gov. Mark Darr has not said whether he'll seek re-election next year and has said he's also considering a run for Congress.
In a statement, Curry said she's now considering a run for the U.S. House seat now held by Republican U.S. Rep. Tim