Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
The Political Scene
Tue July 30, 2013
Democrat Dianne Curry Drops Out Of Lt. Gov's Race
The president of the Little Rock School Board says she's dropping out of the Democratic race for lieutenant governor and is instead considering a run for Congress.
Dianne Curry told supporters Monday that she's dropping out in hopes of uniting the Democratic Party behind candidate John Burkhalter. Curry announced her decision the same day Bill Halter dropped out of the governor's race, leaving former U.S. Rep. Mike Ross as the only Democrat in the race.
Republican Lt. Gov. Mark Darr has not said whether he'll seek re-election next year and has said he's also considering a run for Congress.
In a statement, Curry said she's now considering a run for the U.S. House seat now held by Republican U.S. Rep. Tim