Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
The Political Scene
Tue July 30, 2013
Democrat Dianne Curry Drops Out Of Lt. Gov's Race
The president of the Little Rock School Board says she's dropping out of the Democratic race for lieutenant governor and is instead considering a run for Congress.
Dianne Curry told supporters Monday that she's dropping out in hopes of uniting the Democratic Party behind candidate John Burkhalter. Curry announced her decision the same day Bill Halter dropped out of the governor's race, leaving former U.S. Rep. Mike Ross as the only Democrat in the race.
Republican Lt. Gov. Mark Darr has not said whether he'll seek re-election next year and has said he's also considering a run for Congress.
In a statement, Curry said she's now considering a run for the U.S. House seat now held by Republican U.S. Rep. Tim