Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The Devil's Music
During the Renaissance, The Devil, as agent of death, became forever linked to the violin, as later depicted in such works as The Devil’s Trill Sonata by Tartini, and Saint-Saens’ Danse Macabre.
The famous violinist, Nicolo Paganini, was even said to have sold his soul to the Devil in return for his performance ability. And he played this ruse to the hilt.