Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes On Music
Thu April 4, 2013
The Devil's Music
During the Renaissance, The Devil, as agent of death, became forever linked to the violin, as later depicted in such works as The Devil’s Trill Sonata by Tartini, and Saint-Saens’ Danse Macabre.
The famous violinist, Nicolo Paganini, was even said to have sold his soul to the Devil in return for his performance ability. And he played this ruse to the hilt.