Arkansas officials say nearly 4,800 people are receiving notices that they were incorrectly deemed eligible for the state's expanded Medicaid program and will have their coverage end May 31.
The Department of Human Services on Thursday said it was notifying 4,798 people that the federal government incorrectly included their information among applications of eligible individuals for the state's "private option" Medicaid expansion.
Under the private option, Arkansas is using federal Medicaid money to purchase private insurance for poor people. The plan was approved last year as an alternative to expanding Medicaid under the federal health law.
DHS said some of the people receiving letters may be eligible but just need to provide more information, while others may be eligible for coverage through the insurance exchange.