Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Fri May 24, 2013
Dozens Of Earthquakes In Arkansas This Week
Several earthquakes with magnitudes ranging from 1.7 to 2.9 have hit Arkansas earlier in recent days.
Scott Ausbrooks with the state Geological Survey says even though no damage has been reported, they have prompted a lot of 911 calls.
“Basically it has been a very busy week. This week alone we’ve had earthquakes happening in three different areas of the state,” said Ausbrooks.
Dozens occurred near Strawberry, the Clinton and Morrilton areas.
Ausbrooks says it’s important that people call authorities when the public feels an earthquake so that all are recorded and officials can check for any patterns.
You can file a report at Arkansas Geological Survey.