Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Fri May 24, 2013
Dozens Of Earthquakes In Arkansas This Week
Several earthquakes with magnitudes ranging from 1.7 to 2.9 have hit Arkansas earlier in recent days.
Scott Ausbrooks with the state Geological Survey says even though no damage has been reported, they have prompted a lot of 911 calls.
“Basically it has been a very busy week. This week alone we’ve had earthquakes happening in three different areas of the state,” said Ausbrooks.
Dozens occurred near Strawberry, the Clinton and Morrilton areas.
Ausbrooks says it’s important that people call authorities when the public feels an earthquake so that all are recorded and officials can check for any patterns.
You can file a report at Arkansas Geological Survey.