Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Fri May 24, 2013
Dozens Of Earthquakes In Arkansas This Week
Several earthquakes with magnitudes ranging from 1.7 to 2.9 have hit Arkansas earlier in recent days.
Scott Ausbrooks with the state Geological Survey says even though no damage has been reported, they have prompted a lot of 911 calls.
“Basically it has been a very busy week. This week alone we’ve had earthquakes happening in three different areas of the state,” said Ausbrooks.
Dozens occurred near Strawberry, the Clinton and Morrilton areas.
Ausbrooks says it’s important that people call authorities when the public feels an earthquake so that all are recorded and officials can check for any patterns.
You can file a report at Arkansas Geological Survey.