Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Sat May 18, 2013
Electronic Traffic Tickets Can Take Effect In Arkansas
Arkansas Law Enforcement officials are working on a program to issue traffic citations electronically.
They say if it goes into effect, it could speed up the process and enhance the safety of police officers.
Spokesman Bill Sadler with the State Police says this is beneficial.
"The officer is not spending as much time along the side of the road. We all know from experience that the longer you're on the side of the road with a violator, the chances of something going wrong increases with the amount of time," said Sadler.
Sadler says violators will be able to pay fine online and the citations will be more readable for court clerks.
Sadler hopes this will be launched by the end of this year.