Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Mon September 16, 2013
Engineers Begin Righting Wrecked Cruise Ship
Originally published on Mon September 16, 2013 6:09 am
The Costa Concordia is lying on its side in shallow waters off the west coast of Italy. It struck a reef 20 months ago when the captain steered too close to land. Thirty-two people died. On Monday, the task is to begin to slowly rotate the ship to an upright position, using a complex system of chains and underwater platforms and cables.