Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Wed February 5, 2014
Entergy Arkansas Reports 38K Outages From Storm
Tens of thousands of homes and businesses remain without electricity after wintry weather hit Arkansas.
Entergy Arkansas says about 38,000 customers were without power Wednesday morning. Garland County had the highest number of outages at more than 5,800. Crittenden County reported more than 4,100 outages and Conway County had about 3,300 outages. Cross County reported more than 3,100 outages.
Outages of more than 2,000 customers were reported in Mississippi, Montgomery and St. Francis counties.
The Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas had about 10,400 customers without electricity Wednesday morning. Officials say the hardest hit cooperatives include Craighead Electric Cooperative of Jonesboro, First Electric Cooperative of Jacksonville, Petit Jean Electric Cooperative of Clinton, South Central Arkansas Electric Cooperative of Arkadelphia and Woodruff Electric Cooperative of Forrest City.
Local & Regional News
Fracking and Drinking Water