Most Active Stories
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
- Bill Filed In Arkansas To End Dual Observance Of Robert E. Lee & MLK Day
Local & Regional News
Fri June 6, 2014
Entergy Says 44,000 Customers Without Power
Update: About 34,000 customers are without power at 5:53 p.m. About 12,000 of those are in Pulaski County.
Entergy Arkansas reports that the latest round of storms has left about 44,000 of its customers without power throughout the state.
Spokesman David Lewis said the company has called in several hundred extra workers to assist with restoring power. He says many of those outages are in Little Rock.
"It's looking like about 21,000 customers in the Little Rock area are out right now. Of course our crews will need to assess the damage before they can make an accurate prediction as to how long it will take to fix it. Based on previous experience with storms this big, I can assure you it will be a couple of days at least before everybody's back on," said Lewis.
Crews were still working to restore power in northern Arkansas after yesterday's heavy storms when this latest round of storms hit.
— Gavin Lesnick (@glesnick) June 6, 2014
— THV 11 (@THV11) June 6, 2014
— John David Pittman (@jd_pittman) June 6, 2014