Most Active Stories
- Frank Lloyd Wright House Being Reassembled In NW Arkansas After Move
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Three Accused Of Defrauding Arkansas Food Program For The Poor
- Attorney General-elect Rutledge Pleased Outgoing A.G. Appealing Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Daniel Black, Arkansas Author
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
Composer Eric Satie was quite colorful and eccentric.
After being dubbed “the laziest student in the Paris Conservatory” by the faculty, he joined the army, but was discharged after a few months after deliberately infecting himself with bronchitis.
After his death from cirrhosis of the liver in 1925, many of his compositions thought to have been lost were found behind his piano.