Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
Composer Eric Satie was quite colorful and eccentric.
After being dubbed “the laziest student in the Paris Conservatory” by the faculty, he joined the army, but was discharged after a few months after deliberately infecting himself with bronchitis.
After his death from cirrhosis of the liver in 1925, many of his compositions thought to have been lost were found behind his piano.