Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Thu March 28, 2013
Composer Eric Satie was quite colorful and eccentric.
After being dubbed “the laziest student in the Paris Conservatory” by the faculty, he joined the army, but was discharged after a few months after deliberately infecting himself with bronchitis.
After his death from cirrhosis of the liver in 1925, many of his compositions thought to have been lost were found behind his piano.