Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Fri June 14, 2013
European Pet Passport Lets Animals Travel To E.U. States
Originally published on Mon June 17, 2013 4:07 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
The European Union is a big fan of traveling pets. It has pet passports that allow them to travel through all the member states. Still, until this week there was a limit. Travelers could only take up to five pets across the borders. Now, thanks to a pet-loving member of the EU Parliament, those who prefer to travel with herds of animals are now free to roam, as long as they're heading for a competition or a sporting event.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.