Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Event Offers Free Yoga Classes Across Central Arkansas This Weekend
September is National Yoga Month and this weekend yoga teachers across Central Arkansas will be hosting special activities.
Judy Watts is an organizer for the second annual Yogathon Arkansas event. She says free workshops and yoga classes will be available for adults and children from Friday through Sunday.
“People think of yoga as a very specific physical activity or exercise; but there are lots of benefits that come from yoga,” said Watts. “Yoga can relieve stress and teach people how to breathe correctly, as well as help people sleep better and feel less fatigued.”
Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola has announced that this Friday will be Yoga Day in Little Rock.
Judy Watts says event organizers are offering classes this weekend in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway, Cabot, Hot Springs, and Mena for all who are interested in participating.
Click here for more information on all of the weekend's events.