Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Tue September 17, 2013
Event Offers Free Yoga Classes Across Central Arkansas This Weekend
September is National Yoga Month and this weekend yoga teachers across Central Arkansas will be hosting special activities.
Judy Watts is an organizer for the second annual Yogathon Arkansas event. She says free workshops and yoga classes will be available for adults and children from Friday through Sunday.
“People think of yoga as a very specific physical activity or exercise; but there are lots of benefits that come from yoga,” said Watts. “Yoga can relieve stress and teach people how to breathe correctly, as well as help people sleep better and feel less fatigued.”
Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola has announced that this Friday will be Yoga Day in Little Rock.
Judy Watts says event organizers are offering classes this weekend in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway, Cabot, Hot Springs, and Mena for all who are interested in participating.
Click here for more information on all of the weekend's events.