Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Sat May 11, 2013
Ex-UCA Administrator Wants Felony Trial Moved
Former University of Central Arkansas chief of staff Jack Gillean wants his felony trial moved out of Faulkner County.
Gillean is charged with felony commercial burglary for allegedly giving keys to a UCA student who stole tests from professors' offices. Gillean has denied the allegation.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that defense attorneys for Gillean took their change of venue request to Faulkner County Circuit Judge Charles Clawson Jr. on Friday.
The defense says an affidavit in the case that was given to the media last year before it was signed by the judge could improperly influence potential jurors.
Clawson said he would take a few days to think about the motion before making a ruling. Potential venues for the trial could include Van Buren or Searcy counties.