Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Sat May 11, 2013
Ex-UCA Administrator Wants Felony Trial Moved
Former University of Central Arkansas chief of staff Jack Gillean wants his felony trial moved out of Faulkner County.
Gillean is charged with felony commercial burglary for allegedly giving keys to a UCA student who stole tests from professors' offices. Gillean has denied the allegation.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that defense attorneys for Gillean took their change of venue request to Faulkner County Circuit Judge Charles Clawson Jr. on Friday.
The defense says an affidavit in the case that was given to the media last year before it was signed by the judge could improperly influence potential jurors.
Clawson said he would take a few days to think about the motion before making a ruling. Potential venues for the trial could include Van Buren or Searcy counties.