Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Pegasus Pipeline Spill
Fri May 3, 2013
ExxonMobil Completes Pipeline Repair In Missouri
Officials with ExxonMobil have repaired an oil pipeline in southeast Missouri, where a leak was discovered earlier this week.
A resident near Doniphan, Mo., found oil leaking in his yard Tuesday. All told, about one barrel - roughly 42 gallons of crude oil - leaked from the Pegasus pipeline. The cause remains under investigation.
The repair was completed Friday.
The pipeline running from Illinois to Texas already was out of service after a much larger breach in Arkansas in March, but that doesn't mean there wasn't oil inside.
About 5,000 barrels of oil spilled in March. The cause of that leak also is being investigated.