Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Pegasus Pipeline Spill
Fri May 3, 2013
ExxonMobil Completes Pipeline Repair In Missouri
Officials with ExxonMobil have repaired an oil pipeline in southeast Missouri, where a leak was discovered earlier this week.
A resident near Doniphan, Mo., found oil leaking in his yard Tuesday. All told, about one barrel - roughly 42 gallons of crude oil - leaked from the Pegasus pipeline. The cause remains under investigation.
The repair was completed Friday.
The pipeline running from Illinois to Texas already was out of service after a much larger breach in Arkansas in March, but that doesn't mean there wasn't oil inside.
About 5,000 barrels of oil spilled in March. The cause of that leak also is being investigated.