Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Pegasus Pipeline Spill
Fri May 3, 2013
ExxonMobil Completes Pipeline Repair In Missouri
Officials with ExxonMobil have repaired an oil pipeline in southeast Missouri, where a leak was discovered earlier this week.
A resident near Doniphan, Mo., found oil leaking in his yard Tuesday. All told, about one barrel - roughly 42 gallons of crude oil - leaked from the Pegasus pipeline. The cause remains under investigation.
The repair was completed Friday.
The pipeline running from Illinois to Texas already was out of service after a much larger breach in Arkansas in March, but that doesn't mean there wasn't oil inside.
About 5,000 barrels of oil spilled in March. The cause of that leak also is being investigated.