Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
Henry Purcell’s popular masque of 1692, The Fairy Queen, is based on Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but none of Shakespeare’s text us actually used.
It’s interesting that during this time cotton candy was referred to as “fairy floss.”
Machine-spun cotton candy was invented in 1897 by William Morrison.
The irony: he was a dentist.