Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
- No One Hurt After Shots Fired In Little Rock River Market
- Beebe and Local Officials Point to Progress of Tornado Recovery, Need For Federal Aid
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
Henry Purcell’s popular masque of 1692, The Fairy Queen, is based on Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but none of Shakespeare’s text us actually used.
It’s interesting that during this time cotton candy was referred to as “fairy floss.”
Machine-spun cotton candy was invented in 1897 by William Morrison.
The irony: he was a dentist.