Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Thu June 27, 2013
Faulkner Co. Deputies Seize $700K Worth Of Drugs
Faulkner County sheriff's deputies seized 21 pounds of methamphetamine and two pounds of brown-powder heroin in a traffic stop.
Investigators revealed the bust on Wednesday, saying the drugs had a street value of $700,000.
The traffic stop occurred May 24, but law enforcement agencies commonly wait to announce a drug seizure to give investigators time to find more people connected to the shipment.
The Log Cabin Democrat reports deputies stopped the car on Interstate 40 at Mayflower.
The driver had a Nevada driver license and told officials he didn't know the car contained drugs.
He said he was driving to New York to visit a friend. The driver faces two drug trafficking charges. The car was a rental out of Las Vegas.