Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon September 30, 2013
Faulkner County Escapee Due In Court For Hearing
One of the three inmates who escaped the Faulkner County jail last month is due in court.
The Log Cabin Democrat reports that 27-year-old Joel Vermillion is due in Faulkner County Circuit Court Monday for two pretrial hearings and a revocation hearing.
The pretrial hearings are on charges of forgery, possession with intent to sell drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia and third-degree escape.
The revocation hearing is related to a 2012 charge of illegal possession of a firearm.
Authorities say Vermillion escaped the jail Aug. 17 with inmates Stacy Wilson and Jonathan Jackson.
Vermillion and Wilson were recaptured nearly two days later after leading police on a high speed chase from Mayflower to Conway.
Jackson was recaptured by U.S. marshals in Oklahoma City about three days after the escape.