Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon September 30, 2013
Faulkner County Escapee Due In Court For Hearing
One of the three inmates who escaped the Faulkner County jail last month is due in court.
The Log Cabin Democrat reports that 27-year-old Joel Vermillion is due in Faulkner County Circuit Court Monday for two pretrial hearings and a revocation hearing.
The pretrial hearings are on charges of forgery, possession with intent to sell drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia and third-degree escape.
The revocation hearing is related to a 2012 charge of illegal possession of a firearm.
Authorities say Vermillion escaped the jail Aug. 17 with inmates Stacy Wilson and Jonathan Jackson.
Vermillion and Wilson were recaptured nearly two days later after leading police on a high speed chase from Mayflower to Conway.
Jackson was recaptured by U.S. marshals in Oklahoma City about three days after the escape.