Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed July 24, 2013
Fayetteville Clinton Museum Looks At JFK Meeting
The Clinton House Museum in Fayetteville is unveiling an exhibit looking back at Bill Clinton's meeting with President John F. Kennedy 50 years ago.
Clinton was at Boys Nation on July 24, 1963.
A photographer documented Clinton shaking hands with Kennedy in the White House Rose Garden.
A statement from the museum said that the 42nd president has recalled that he "muscled his way" to the foreground to make sure he had an opportunity to meet Kennedy. Clinton told the Boys Nation gathering this year that he hoped graduates would be inspired to give back to their communities.
The Clinton House Museum is a former home of Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. They lived in the home while teaching at the University of Arkansas law school.