Most Active Stories
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
FBI Seeking Robber Dubbed 'Loan Ranger Bandit'
The FBI and police in three states are searching for a bank robber they call the "Loan Ranger Bandit."
The man is suspected of robbing at least 10 banks at gunpoint in Arkansas, Texas and Mississippi from January 2009 to October 2012.
The FBI says he walks into the bank undisguised and demands 20, 50, and 100-dollar bills. No one has been injured - but the man is considered armed and dangerous.
The suspect is white, in his early 30s, 5-feet-7 to 6-feet tall, about 200 pounds with short brown hair. He's called the Loan Ranger Bandit because of a blue Texas Rangers baseball cap he's worn during the robberies.
The robberies were in Benton, Ark.; Tyler, Wichita Falls, Temple, Round Rock, Salado and College Station, Texas; and Madison, Miss.