Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Mon April 8, 2013
Federal Inspectors Head To Arkansas Nuclear One
The federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission is sending a team of inspectors to Arkansas Nuclear One in Russellville to review an accident that killed one worker and injured eight others.
The accident occurred March 31 when a 550-ton piece of equipment fell as a lifting rig collapsed. Authorities say 24-year-old Wade Walters of Russellville was killed when the equipment fell on him.
The NRC says there was no release of radiation or danger to the public because of the accident.
The NRC inspection team will create a chronology of the accident, evaluate the adequacy of the response to the accident and look for factors that may have contributed to the accident.
The NRC says it will hold a public meeting when the inspection team finishes its work.
Power Plant Accident
Local & Regional News