Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Local & Regional News
Fri July 19, 2013
Feds Arrest Arkansas State Trooper On Drug Charge
A former Arkansas State Police lieutenant is in jail after he was arrested on federal drug charges.
FBI spokeswoman Kimberly Brunell says agents arrested Sedrick Reed on Thursday afternoon at state police headquarters.
Court records show that Reed was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to distribute and distribution of less than 500 grams of cocaine.
State police spokesman Bill Sadler says Reed was fired shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Sadler tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that Reed had served nearly all of his 18-year tenure with state police on patrol in Troop A.
That troop covers Faulkner, Lonoke, Pulaski and Saline counties. Court records don't list an attorney for Reed. Officials say he's due in court at 2 p.m. Friday.