Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri July 19, 2013
Feds Arrest Arkansas State Trooper On Drug Charge
A former Arkansas State Police lieutenant is in jail after he was arrested on federal drug charges.
FBI spokeswoman Kimberly Brunell says agents arrested Sedrick Reed on Thursday afternoon at state police headquarters.
Court records show that Reed was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to distribute and distribution of less than 500 grams of cocaine.
State police spokesman Bill Sadler says Reed was fired shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Sadler tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that Reed had served nearly all of his 18-year tenure with state police on patrol in Troop A.
That troop covers Faulkner, Lonoke, Pulaski and Saline counties. Court records don't list an attorney for Reed. Officials say he's due in court at 2 p.m. Friday.