Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri July 19, 2013
Feds Arrest Arkansas State Trooper On Drug Charge
A former Arkansas State Police lieutenant is in jail after he was arrested on federal drug charges.
FBI spokeswoman Kimberly Brunell says agents arrested Sedrick Reed on Thursday afternoon at state police headquarters.
Court records show that Reed was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to distribute and distribution of less than 500 grams of cocaine.
State police spokesman Bill Sadler says Reed was fired shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Sadler tells the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that Reed had served nearly all of his 18-year tenure with state police on patrol in Troop A.
That troop covers Faulkner, Lonoke, Pulaski and Saline counties. Court records don't list an attorney for Reed. Officials say he's due in court at 2 p.m. Friday.