Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Sun January 19, 2014
Fire Danger for Western Three-Fourths of Arkansas
The National Weather Service said the danger of fire is elevated across much of Arkansas because of windy conditions and low humidity and burn bans remain in effect in three counties.
The weather service said the danger of fire continued on Sunday in about the western three-fourths of the state.
The forecast calls for sunny skies due to a high pressure system over the state on Sunday and breezy conditions expected Sunday afternoon. The weather service said the next best chance of rain is expected Friday night across southern Arkansas and that light sleet could be mixed with the rain.
Officials have issued burn bans in Stone, Van Buren and Independence counties.