Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Fri July 19, 2013
Fired Arkansas Trooper Accused In Drug Evidence Theft
A former Arkansas State Police lieutenant arrested on federal drug charges is accused of stealing drugs from the agency's evidence room.
Court documents released Friday allege that Sedrick Reed had been stealing "large quantities of cocaine" from the evidence vault at state police headquarters in Little Rock.
A probable cause affidavit says investigators worked with a confidential informant and tapped Reed's phone to build a case against him.
The affidavit says the informant bought 9 ounces of cocaine from Reed on July 12.
The document further states that a 6-pound parcel of cocaine in evidence had only about a pound left after Reed twice handled the package. Reed was arrested Thursday afternoon and fired later in the day.
An after-hours call to Reed's attorney wasn't immediately returned.