Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Wed July 3, 2013
Five Still Hospitalized After Car Hits Bicyclists
A Massachusetts-based summer camp program says one person remains in critical condition after a car crashed into a group of bicyclists on a cross-country trip.
The crash happened Tuesday afternoon near McCrory, about 90 miles northeast of Little Rock.
Arkansas State Police say a car driving north on Arkansas 17 crashed into a group of 13 bicyclists also traveling north.
The cross-country trip was organized by Overland Summer Camps, which provides summer programs for kids age 10 to 19.
A statement from the group says three cyclists were airlifted to hospitals in Little Rock and Memphis, Tenn., while four other bicyclists were taken to local hospitals.
Of the four taken to local hospitals, two have been treated and released. No names have been released, and the car's driver wasn't injured.